LIFE IN SOLANA BEACH
The sun shines bright on Solana Beach; this beachside town whose literal Spanish to English translation is “sunny spot”. Located just a lagoon north of Del Mar, Solana Beach is so quaint and beautiful you can’t help but feel right at home anywhere you go in this four square mile town. What was once open ranch land became a vibrantly planned community thanks in part to Ed Fletcher’s vision in the early 1920s; he spearheaded developing commerce in Solana Beach and acted as a community planner with creative developments like Fletcher Cove and Cedros Design District. Today Solana Beach is home for artisans, high-tech businesses, entrepreneurs, and families. The component of the beach, unique homes, and small businesses form the perfect triad for beachside living.
HOMES IN SOLANA BEACH
Living in Solana Beach offers the ideal beach and community lifestyle day in and day out; types of homes range anywhere from original architecture to beach condos above the ocean cliffs. The signature neighborhoods to know are:
- Homes West of the 101, which are mostly custom built homes within steps to the beaches.
- Homes North and South off of Lomas Santa Fe Dr. are mostly remodeled homes that offer charm with steep hills and sweeping ocean or San Elijo lagoon views.
- The southern coast of Solana Beach includes several bluff-top condominium complexes.
- Solana Circle homes and condos off of Via De La Valle Dr. (West of the 5 and in the southern part of the city) provide Del Mar racetrack proximity and Pacific Ocean views.
- The small and quirky Eden Garden community of homes is in the valley West of the 5 with great cultural roots and several gourmet Mexican restaurants.
- Homes, townhomes, and condos East of the 5 are close to the Lomas Santa Fe Country Club and Golf Course, Rancho Santa Fe, and about five minutes to the nearest beach.
The average home prices in this community range from the low $400,000’s to over $7,000,000 on the high end. Solana Beach is a tight knit community of beach-centric people, those that visit dream of owning a home in this little piece of paradise and those that live here are happy to share.
SCHOOLS IN SOLANA BEACH
The rich and innovative schools in Solana Beach have been recognized at the local, state and national level with high test scores. From several top ranked public schools to exceptional private school offerings, the local schools in the small town of Solana Beach will carry your kids from pre-school through 12th grade. Great schools are a huge draw for living here.